This workshop will be led by Christina Calderon, MA, LMHC and Valerie Valentine, MA, LPAT, ATR, LPCC, CSAT.
When: Saturday May 11th, 2pm-5pm
Where: Valerie Valentine Studios
1925 Aspen Drive, Suite 701-A, Santa Fe, NM 87505
Members pay $30; Non-members pay $45
RSVP to email@example.com
Dreams often give us clues to areas of our lives which need attention. Relationships or aspects of ourselves which we are concerned about in some way will be presented to us through dreams. The importance of dreams should not be underestimated nor should we dismiss reoccurring themes. This course will provide a foundation for clinicians to work with dreams in groups and individually. The presenting group directive will be adaptable for group therapy and individual therapy sessions. It will center on reoccurring themes or dream symbols.
• To teach the art therapy directive: Exploring Dream Symbols
• Participants will be able to modify this directive for group therapy or individual sessions
• Participants will be able to think in depth about the impact of dreams and reflect on
why particular dreams occur.
• Participants will be able to define “dream symbols” and explain the importance of
identifying patterns and reoccurring themes to clients.
• Participants will leave with new tools (handouts and book list) for therapeutic treatment
of client populations.
• Participants will be able to use art as a way for clients to interpret their own dreams.
RSVP below –